The following regulations and restrictions apply to the use of City parks:
(1) Alcoholic beverages prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to possess or consume any alcoholic beverage in any city park.
(2) Riding, driving, or walking horses in
(3) Riding or driving off-road motorized vehicles in
(4) Vehicular traffic prohibited in certain areas. Except in designated overflow parking areas, it shall be unlawful for any motor vehicle to stand, stop, park or cross onto or into any portion of a city park other than upon a roadway or parking area so designated for such purposes.
(5) Time limitations on public use of parks. Except for a city-sponsored event, it shall be unlawful for any person to use, enter into or be within a city park during any posted hours which the park is closed.
(6) Littering. Littering is hereby prohibited in any city park. Littering shall include leaving trash or other items by persons picnicking within a city park and not placing trash and other items in appropriate trash receptacles provided in such park.
(7) Firearms prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry on or
(8) Bicycles, skates, etc. It shall be unlawful for any person to ride a bicycle, scooter, skateboard, in-line skates, or roller skates on any tennis court or basketball court owned or leased by the city, or in any other public areas posted by the city.
(9) Hitting golf balls prohibited. Except in designated areas, it shall be unlawful for any person to hit golf balls in city parks.
(10) Glass containers prohibited in
(11) Defacing public property.
(a) No person shall remove, destroy, mutilate or deface any structure, monument, statue, vase, fountain, wall, fence, railing, vehicle, bench, building or other property located in any city park.
(b) No person shall cut, break, deface, injure or remove the trees, shrubs, plants, grasses, or turf within any city park.
(12) Wild animals. It shall be unlawful to catch, injure, kill, strike, or attempt to strike with any object or weapon any animals within a city park, excluding fish, which may be obtained in designated fishing areas following the rules and regulations established by the State of Texas.
(13) Climbing, etc., prohibited. It shall be unlawful to climb any trees or walk, stand or sit upon monuments, vases, fountains, walls, fences, railings, vehicles, or any other property not designated or customarily used for such purposes in any city park.
(14) Pollution of waters. It shall be unlawful to throw, discharge to, or otherwise place or caused to be placed in the waters of any fountain, pond, lake, stream or other body of water in or adjacent to any park or any tributary, stream, storm sewer, or drain flowing into such waters any substance, matter, or anything liquid or solid, which will or may result in the pollution of said waters.
(15) Boating and swimming. It shall be unlawful to swim, wade, boat, or canoe in any area unless such area is designated for that purpose; provided, however, the director of community services may permit the temporary occurrence of such activities for special programs and events.
(17) Erecting structures prohibited.
(a) No person shall place or erect any structure, sign, bulletin board, post, pole or advertising of any kind in a city park.
(b) No person shall attach to any tree, shrub, fence, railing, post or structure within any city park, any sign, bulletin board or other advertising devices of any kind.
(c) The prohibitions contained in subsections (a) and (b) of this section shall not be applicable to persons acting pursuant to and with the written authorization of the director of community services or their designee.
(18) Projectile devices. No person shall possess, fire or discharge a device capable of propelling a projectile, including without limitation, any air gun, pistol, bow and arrow, crossbow or slingshot in a city park; provided, however, the Director of Community Services may permit the temporary occurrence of such activities in a city park for special programs and events.
(19) Sale of merchandise. It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or offer for sale any food, drinks, confections, merchandise or services in any park or playground unless such person has a written agreement or permit issued by the city permitting the sale of such items in such park or playground. This section shall have no application to sports organizations or social organizations selling items to their own members, or at functions sanctioned by the city.
(20) Sound amplification. It shall be unlawful to use any type of sound amplification system in a city park without the written consent of the Director of Community Services.
(21) Smoking. Is prohibited except in designated areas.