Summer 2023 Call to Artists
The City of Southlake, Texas, through its Southlake Arts Council, seeks to commission an artist to create public art to be displayed in The Public Safety West Facility located at 2100 W. Southlake Blvd. Southlake, TX 76092.
The application deadline is September 30, 2023. Applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Request for Proposals..
Please include the following with your application.
- Letter of Interest- Applicants must submit a letter of interest indicating the project(s) for which they are applying and an artist statement
- Resume- Limited to three pages or less utilizing a font size of 10 or greater (must include name, address, phone, email, and website)
- Images of Completed Artwork- Must be submitted in JPEG, PNG, or Microsoft PowerPoint with no more than ten (10) images of completed works (one image per slide). The first slide should include the artist's name and contact information. Each image must include a title.
- Description of Art Concept for Review- Must be submitted in a Microsoft Word document or PDF to include the title, date, media, size (HxWxD), commission cost/purchase price, and a brief description of the artwork corresponding to the images submitted in the PowerPoint presentation.
- Budget- Estimated cost of the piece and base.
Artist Selection Process
The Southlake Arts Council will review all applications and select finalists. Interviews with finalists will be conducted to select one artist to commission the artwork.
Criteria for selection include: artistic merit as evidenced by the submitted materials; the applicant’s professional qualifications; proven ability to perform well on similar projects; and demonstrated ability to work with government agencies, boards, committees, architects, engineers, and other groups for the successful completion of similar art projects.
Artists chosen as finalists may be asked to visit the location before completing the final concept.