Guidelines & Policies
Athletic fields may be closed due to inclement weather and/or safety concerns. Field closures due to inclement weather may be necessary if it is raining at a game/practice time, if the fields/courts are too wet, and/or in the interest of participant safety and/or preservation of good playing surfaces. The procedures of inclement weather field closures are as follows:
- Inspect athletic fields by 3:00 p.m.
- Make a decision based upon field condition or weather.
- List any closings on the City Field Closure Line (817) 748-8028 by 4 p.m.
- The website www.teamsideline.com/southlake is updated Monday through Friday by 4 p.m.
- The Parks Manager or designee will have the final responsibility for canceling games with regards to field conditions for weekday games.
- If the conditions are marginal, the field information may include a notice that such conditions are subject to change with an updated notification by 4 p.m.
- After games have begun and inclement weather becomes a factor, association officials shall follow the same guidelines as City staff for deciding cancellation or postponement.
- If a final decision for the weekend is not possible at 3 p.m. Friday, that Parks Manager or designee familiar with the athletics fields will monitor the weather and field conditions throughout the weekend and make decisions on field closure as needed.
- Inspect Athletic Fields by 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday (NOTE: Every effort will be made to ensure all fields are inspected by 7 a.m.; however, due to the number of fields it may take longer depending on the specific situation).
- The City Field Closure Line (817) 748-8028 will also be updated by 8:00 a.m. for Saturday and Sunday games. (NOTE: The website is only updated Monday-Friday.)
- Status for Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evening games may be reevaluated at the discretion of the Parks Manager or designee at 11 a.m. and the field decision will be made prior to noon that day.
- The decision of the Parks Manager or designee shall be final.