Cross Timber Nature Club
Cross Timber Nature Club (after school) and Cross Timbers Nature Camp (spring break and summer) are the two largest Youth Nature Programs at Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve.
All participants are required to have the following forms in order to attend Nature Club: Program Release and Registration, Fair Play and Behavior Policy, and Consent to Administer Medication. Please complete the online forms for Nature Club before your child's first day.
Gardening to Attract Birds
November 2 at 6:00 pm
Poinsettias and Other Winter Plants for Texas
December 14 at 6:00 pm
Previous classes can be viewed below:
- The Legacy of Bob Jones (Bob Jones Family Story)
- Insects in the Garden: Good and Bad
- Gardening for Wildlife
- Backyard Composting
- Trees for North Texas
- Dirty Work: Soils and Site Prep
- Spring Vegetable Gardening
- Sustainable Living in North Texas
- Herb Gardening
- Tough Texas Plants Part 1: Low Maintenance Landscape Design
- Tough Texas Plants Part 2: Perennials and Annuals
- Tough Texas Plants Part 3: Trees and Bushes
Nature Center Open Houses
Come visit the Nature Center! During Open Houses the Nature Center will be open for guests to come inside and learn about local wildlife, the Jones story, and speak with staff about trails and available programs.