Cross Timbers Nature Camp
Cross Timbers Nature Camp is dedicated to connecting campers to the natural world around us and inspiring young explorers and stewards. With over 750 acres, Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve is the perfect place to explore our Cross Timbers Ecosystem. Each week we focus on a new theme through structured nature activities, crafts, hikes, STEAM challenges, and more!
Structured activities take place between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Before and after care is provided free of charge from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
Please view the Cross Timbers Nature Camp Parent Packet (found in the Camp Parent Resources Section of this page) for additional information.
Click here to register for Cross Timbers Nature Camp online or visit Champions Club at the Marq to register in person. Registration is not available at the camp location.
355 E. Bob Jones Rd, Southlake, TX 76092
Southlake Community Services Summer Camp COVID-19 Precautions
The health and safety of campers is our number one priority. Here is what WE, the City of Southlake’s Camp Programs are doing this summer to keep your camper and others safe this summer:
• WE have developed and implemented increased daily sanitization protocols for common surfaces, restrooms, dining areas, recreational equipment, and camp facilities.
• WE have trained all staff to ensure the health protocols adopted by the camp are being successfully implemented and followed such as, cleaning and disinfecting, hand hygiene, social distancing, and respiratory etiquette.
• WE have made hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, or similar disinfectant readily available throughout the camp.
• WE ask that no parents or guardians visit the camp during or between camp sessions, except to drop-off and pick-up campers from their vehicles.
• WE are getting all the fresh air we can! We will have as many outdoor activities as possible.
Screening Process: Each camper and staff member will be screened upon arrival at camp. Parents/Guardians and Staff will be asked the following questions:
1) Has your camper been in close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19?
2) Has you camper shown signs of ANY sickness in the last 24 hours? (please see our Sick Participant Plan found under our Camp Parent Resources section on this page)
If a staff member or camper answers ‘yes’ to any of the above screening questions or is observed to have any signs of sickness, they will not be granted admission to camp. All campers and staff will have their temperature taken upon arrival to the parking lot. If their temperature meets or exceeds 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit they will not be permitted to enter. If a camper or staff member exhibit signs of any sickness at any point in the day, they will be sent home.
Our staff will be wearing cloth face masks at all times, cleaning regularly, implementing set times for hand washing, keeping groups separate at all times, and enforcing social distancing. When items must be shared, we will ensure all campers have cleaned their hands before and after handling the item. Once done with the item it will be fully sanitized.
If a child at camp tests positive for COVID-19 during or within seven days of their time at camp, all camp parents will be notified. If you choose to remove your child from camp, you may do so. If you choose to let your camper remain at camp, we will continue to take the appropriate safeguards.
A healthy camp begins at home! To help us keep your camper and others safe this summer, here is what we ask YOU to do:
• Keep your child home if he or she is sick
• Teach your child to sneeze/cough in his/her sleeve.
• Teach your child to wash his/her hands often, especially before eating and after toileting.
• Share the importance of your child keeping their hands away from their face.
There are enhanced risks of campers being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after the end of the camp session. We encourage you to make the best possible decisions for yourself and your family by following expert guidance and advice.