Park and Recreation Month
July is Park and Recreation Month! Did you know the City of Southlake has more than 1,000 acres of parkland and 100s of programs and activities for your family to participate in each year? It's true, and in July we are celebrating everything Parks and Recreation!
When you visit one of our parks, The Marq, or participate in one of our programs, our goal is to make sure you're creating life-long memories. Everything we do is to create a world-class experience for you, and this month as we celebrate all the stories that make up our parks and recreation history. From the staff who work hard to bring you the services, you've come to expect, to the amenities and programs our department offers. Check in to our Facebook page ExperienceSouthlake to see pictures and hear stories about our team.
Want to learn more about all our parks and visit all of them? Visit the Parks facilities page to see our full list of parks. Chances are, there's a park near you with a great walking trail. Looking for a new playground? We have about six to choose from.
Maybe July is just a bit too hot for you to explore the outdoors? No problem, visit Champions Club for all sorts of great activities in the AC, from the Aquatics Center to the indoor turf field, we're sure you'll find something to do.
Need a summer camp for the younger family members, we've got something for you! Do you have a budding artist or a future scientist at home, check out our programs and activities listings page. Looking for our adaptive recreation programs? Visit the Club Metro page to learn more about activities and programs coming up this summer.
Parks and Recreation month isn't just for the kids in the house, we're also celebrating all of the wonderful activities and programs offered by the Senior Activity Center. Visit their website here.
Summer is a fabulous time for weddings. Did you know we can host your wedding or special for you? Visit Legends Hall to learn more about our state-of-the-art event offerings.
How can you get involved? Use our Park and Recreation Month activity calendar below as a guide for how to celebrate and make the most of your parks and recreation amenities.
We've put together a full month of ideas for how you and your family can celebrate Park and Recreation Month every day in July!
- July 1 | Subscribe to Experience Southlake emails to stay up to date on all the happenings in parks and rec!
- July 2 | Visit the historic log cabin in Bicentennial Park.
- July 3 | Come to Southlake’s annual Stars and Stripes event to celebrate the 4th of July.
- July 4 | Happy 4th of July! Rent a park pavilion and host the ultimate friends and family BBQ.
- July 5 | Visit Champions Club to work off yesterday’s holiday grub.
- July 6 | Take a walk and hit the shade at North Park.
- July 7 | Spend some quality time with your best furry friend at Boo Boo’s Buddies Dog Park.
- July 8 | Take a self-guided art tour through Bicentennial Park, which boasts 4 public art pieces.
- July 9 | Grab lunch in Town Square and head to Summit Park for a picnic on the hill.
- July 10 | Visit the playground at Royal and Annie Smith Park.
- July 11 | Download the Southlake Public Art coloring book and get creative.
- July 12 | Go fishing on the pier at Bob Jones Park.
- July 13 | Let the event pros at Legends Hall help you plan your next big event.
- July 14 | If you’re over 55, stop by the Senior Activity Center to enjoy a cup of coffee with friends.
- July 15 | Enjoy a fountain-side lunch in Central Park.
- July 16 | It’s National Ice Cream Day! Enjoy your sweet treat in the beautiful Liberty Gardens in Bicentennial Park.
- July 17 | Kids: Learn some cool new tricks this week when you sign up for a magic camp.
- July 18 | Use our interactive park map to find a new park to explore.
- July 19 | Fire up the grill at Liberty Park at Sheltonwood to celebrate National Hot Dog Day.
- July 20 | Visit the famous oak tree at Noble Oaks Park.
- July 21 | Visit your favorite park today and share a photo on social media tagging @ExperienceSouthlake.
- July 22 | Hammock Day: Go for a hike at Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve, then find a good hammock spot.
- July 23 | Celebrate Parents Day with a family picnic at Rustin Pavilion.
- July 24 | Put on your own talent show at Aria Amphitheater.
- July 25 | Preview all the upcoming fall programs. Early registration starts Aug. 1.
- July 26 | Toss a frisbee with a friend at your closest neighborhood park.
- July 27 | Summer reading is even better in a park! Head to Lonesome Dove Park with your favorite book.
- July 28 | Celebrate National Water Park Day with a visit to everyone’s favorite water dragon in Bicentennial Park.
- July 29 | Visit the Champions Club Open House. Open to non-members today only--no passes required.
- July 30 | Take a stroll around the pond at Chesapeake Park with your bestie for National Friendship Day.
- July 31 | Follow Experience Southlake on Instagram and Facebook for more fun year-round!